Questions to Ask Nanny Agencies
A+ Nannies strives to be the best agency in the industry. After you speak to several agencies, please give us the opportunity to meet or beat what they are offering you. Contact your local Better Business Bureau at www.BBB.org to find out consumers complaints before you decide on the company.
We can guarantee we are not the cheapest agency, but we are the best!
- What fees are involved? What is your registration/application fee? Is it refundable? What are your placement fees?
- What types of background checks do you perform? Will I receive a copy?
- How many candidates does it typically take to review before a placement is made?
- Do you require any special training from your nannies? (CPR, First Aide)
- What is your policy if the nanny doesn't work out? How long is your replacement guarantee?
What is your policy if a disagreement arises between the nanny and
myself? What would you do if my nanny called you and said she's
unhappy? (You want an agency that will work for you. You don't want the
agency finding your nanny a new job without you're even knowing about
it. The agency should offer some type of mediation to try to work
- You may want to ask if they have
children of their own. This may help with their selection process of
nannies. The agency may be experienced in placing nannies, but that
does not mean they understand what you are going through. This is a
difficult process, you want someone to be able to understand (truly
understand) the difficulties in leaving your children.
Here are some more questions to ask a Nanny Placement Agency:
- How long does it usually take to make a placement? Is it possible to locate a nanny within the time I have?
- What is the minimum age requirement to be listed as a childcare provider with your agency?
- What kind of education or training must the applicants have?
- How much and what kind of childcare experience do you require of applicants?
- Do you work only with people who can legally work in the United States?
- Do you interview all the candidates in person?
- Will you give me a copy of the names and phone numbers of the references so that I can call and check them?
- Will I be able to interview all of the candidates in person?
- What support services do you provide for the nanny and/or the family after placement is made?